The editorial methodology for the George Washington Financial Papers Project was followed, except in the instances listed below.
- ".." is used for either the double period or double comma between the dollar and cent amounts.
- Superscripts have been retained.
- The slash sign for shilling is rendered as "s".
- The slash sign to abbreviate "Account" has been rendered as "Acct".
- When this symbol "}" is used it is when GM wrote it to add up the above numbers on the left side.
- Dotted lines between the words and numbers are not rendered.
- Anything between straight brackets is uncertain reading or addition of editor.